Friday 14 October 2011

Morrissey is now known as “Mad Morrissey”

Morrissey has joked that he is now known as “Mad Morrissey” after a string of highly publicized outbursts.

V Festival tickets online

The
former Smiths star has slammed the government criticized the
Royal Wedding coverage and compared the Norway attacks in July to the actions of fast food companies.

In an interview with Clash magazine, Morrisey asked whether he felt any of these comments had been misunderstood.

He said,
“I think I am officially ‘Mad Morrissey’ now, and everything I say must be ridiculed because that’s one way of NOT dealing with the contents of the actual comment”.

“The Guardian is now like the Sun was in the 1970s: completely intolerant and full of contradictions.

“With the riots recently the media are obsessed with punishment as solution, but no-one has the intelligence to ask why the people did what they did.”

He continued: “We live in very dumbed-down times. Everything - news media, music, music magazines - are presented with the assumption that the people as a whole are utterly thick, so therefore when I say, as I have, that the so-called royals are the most dysfunctional and unpleasant family in British history, no-one asks me why I think this. They simply print ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’. Oh, I could go on. And do, often.”

No comments:

Post a Comment