Friday 15 October 2010

He loves To Play With.....



David Morrissey, why he loves to play with invalid characters
Stellar acting credentials alone should be enough weight to put David Morrissey onto television and film directors are bound to get listings.

But Liverpool actor views the origin of his latest prominent role in the typical self-effacement.

It was, he explained jokingly, down a bit "geeky".

Dark thriller Thorne, Sky 1 HD, not just feature his name headed by an impressive cast, it's his script to display the project.

"I was filming in New Zealand in the winter and there was not a lot of extra curricular stuff to do," he recalls. "It was a green-screen work, and we had a lot of time trailers, so I did a lot of reading and one of the things I read was Lifeless - one of Mark Billingham's Thorne's books - and I really liked it.

"I was doing, as always, geeky way, some research and read that Mark had said that he would like me to play Thorne, if it ever came to the screen.

"I read a couple of other books and really liked them so when I came back to England I search him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment